Monday, October 11, 2010

Thirsty?

"But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty forever. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life" (John 4:14).

"Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters, and he who has no money, come, buy, and eat! Come buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which will not satisfy. Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food" (Isaiah 55:1-2).

Wow! What a promise! I love passages in the Bible that talk about us being able to come to the waters that will actually satisfy and which call us to drink deeply of Christ. He is the fountain that eternally satisfies our souls. He is the fountain that never dries and will never disappoint. He is the fountain that will not grow old with age and decay, but the one that will stay the same from eternity past to eternity future. Daily, I need to come to Jesus to be satisfied in Him. Too often, I am self-sufficient throughout my day and attempt to find satisfaction in much lesser things that are never meant to satisfy me!

Can you relate?

The invitation is open to all in Isaiah. Read the passages again.

Only God can open our eyes to even see our need for Him. Only God can allow us to come to him and drink deeply of the salvation he has given through His Son!

No comments: