Could I ask anyone who is reading this to pray for me? There is a sin pattern in my life that I am trying to break, and am seeing little fruit. The battle here is is more intense than I have ever fought sin before, but I appear to be making very little ground. The struggle seems to be consuming a large part of my life and of my attentions and I have felt condemned quite often at my failures.
I spend much time preaching to myself and quoting scripture to myself, and have prayed for delvierance many times, but help seems to be tarrying. I know that the work is of the Spirit and I know that this sin does not and cannot change or alter my standing in Christ in any way. I am defined by my standing with Him and not by my failures. Yet, I sin.
Please pray for me. I need help.
1 comment:
I will definitely be praying for you. Also, have you seen Overcoming Sin and Temptation? It’s a new edition/collection of three classic works by John Owen (edited by Justin Taylor) that is OUTSTANDING. I’ve only read through the first book in this volume, but it has already proven to be an enormous means of grace. This valuable resource might serve you well. (I explain more here.)
(And I’m assuming you’re seeking accountability from other believers as well.)
Post a Comment