Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Kelfer question:

The following exchange occured on the Manspeak blog, and it raised a very vital question for our generation.

A curious and concerned man, Zachary Willis posed the following question to the epitome of manliness found at the VFC Manspeak blog.

My roommate, Jon Kelfer, suggested that we have a tickle contest in place of a burping contest. Is this manly?

That hero of all things manly, Jonathan Oldacre gave him this wise reply.

“Tickle Me” Kelfer–You are in a dangerous place my friend. You’re on the knife-edge of a slippery slope toward being a sissy. I charge those in your household to not let this go any further.

So, as a member of his household, I have been charged with this responsibility. But the question I want to ask you faithful readers, after my month of being AWOL is:

"Is Jon Kelfer a sissy?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact that the question has even come up apparently hints at, if not gives away, the answer.

I agree on the cologne point.

paul steele said...

I'm confused. I made no cologne point here on my blog. Are you referring to a MANSPEAK comment that may or matnot have been referring to Kelfer?

Anonymous said...

I would say....look at what he does. The sleeping bag thing.."the slug"? I mean he could have chosen a better 'super hero' but he chose a slug. Now that's not manly. And his facebook picture is of him and a butterfly. Enough said.

Mike said...

I can't speak on whether or not Kelfer is a sissy, but "That hero of all things manly, Jonathan Oldacre"??

Let us analyze this:

1. He drives a small Honda.
2. He can't do 10 pushups.
3. He talks on the phone for a living.
4. He likes raspberry mocha.
5. He majored in English lit.

This is not looking good for our friend Oldacre....