Wednesday, August 23, 2006

School is starting

Phew, I didn't get much of a break. I got to go straight from outreach non-stop in Romania to outreach non-stop here at UT for the beginning of the semester. and now I hav ea class in a little less than two hours. (Yes, my first class is at 11:15 on Wednesdays.) I don't want to go to class.

We have contacts now for VFC. We made lots of friends with guys out playing ultimate. I don't know how Smoothie King went, but I'm sure it went well because we had faithful girls there to reach out. I'm excited about this year.

I'm excited that here at the Greene house we got a new roommate in Shaun O'Connell. Watching the simplicity and hunger of a new Christian will kick you out of any kind of satisfaction you have in your present experience with God. His hunger makes me hungry.

I want to be bold in outreach this semeseter. But not only that, I want ot be bold in prayer, asking of God in faith for things that I typically don't have faith for. I want to be bold in how I spend my time with Him, dropping typical ways of time wasting and instead reading His word, or worshipping Him. I want to be bold and courageous in my fight against sin. "Make no provision for the flesh, to fufill its lusts." Lastly, I want to be bold in all aspects of my life because I have a great God in heaven who is for me. He saved my life through Christ's sacrifice on the cross. This was a bold action. I want to live in a manner worthy of the salvation that I have been given.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was great. I needed that kick in the butt too. Mine comes from my much more mature roommates. I want to grow so much and I have faith that God will bring that about this year! Thanks for a good post Paul. Hope you are having a splendid day!