YAY! Do you know what I'm doing right no to celebrate not being in class? I'm at work! YAY!
Actually, my job rocks. I feel special here in my own little workspace on the 8th floor of the First Bank building downtown.
Oh, and if anyone is looking to get rid of either a twin bed or a dresser, I know of a good home. (I need a dresser, Plop needs a bed.)
On a more serious note, I want to recommend something that I did yesterday. The gospel just didn't feel real, so I took up one of the gospel tracts, (I actually used one that I stole from Philly that we modelled the CCK tracts after but thats off the subject,) anyways, I picked up the tract and went through it slowly, reminding myself of the truth in the points it presented, and I tried to make the gospel feel real, because it IS real. God met me and blessed my effort yesterday. So, I guess my point is that really simple devotions can sometimes be valuable, and if you are struggling in preaching the gospel to yourself, pick up one of those tracts. The gospel is in that little thing.
3 comments:
The gospel is in that thing....priceless. By the way, if we are advertising the need for furniture here go ahead and put me on the list too...I need a bed also. I mean share the free publicity please!
Tara,
Might I remind you that, as a believer, one of your goals is to be conformed to the image of Christ, to become more like Jesus. Now, I don’t want to sound holier-than-thou (even though I probably am), but consider Luke 9:58: “the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” Jesus claimed He had no bed, and yet here you are with your “free publicity” proclamation about needing a bed--not just “wanting” a bed, mind you, but “needing” a bed. I think you need to think about that.
Em,
Getting frisbees stuck in 30 ft up in trees isn't nearly as fun when you are playing by yourself.
Post a Comment