Friday, February 10, 2012

The Past Month :)

It has been quite the busy month around here. It seems like we have been in and out of town since Thanksgiving, visiting family, or going to Nashville for Paul's work. Our babysitter, Rachael, got married, which involved 16 six inch round cakes, along with the groom's cake (golf scene of course). I just had my first cake tasting event, in which 7 couples (potential customers) came over for a relaxing evening of eating cake! What a delight it was to spend time with all of them, and listen to them tell me how delicious the cake was that I can't eat. I asked for feedback, to which Paul's co-worker wrote a paragraph about each of the 5 different cakes. I was thankful for the feedback!

Last weekend, Hannah moved into her 'big girl bed,' which means, we took off the railing to her crib and it is now more like a 'daybed.' She was doing great for the first few days and then had two rough sleeping sessions, both of which she ended up on the floor. Ahhem. After a couple days of putting blankets up in the space that was open, I just took them back down. Before she fell asleep for the nap she is currently taking, she fell out of the crib. Ahhem. What to do? I'll take suggestions if you have them! I figure she'll learn eventually, right? We thought she was old enough to learn that whole self control thing and not get out of the bed when she is supposed to be sleeping. She's got that down, but I didn't realize rolling out of the bed would be such an issue.

We are hoping to potty train soon, and thought the transition to a big girl bed would allow for her to get up in the middle of the night without waking us up...novel idea, huh?

Yesterday I bought a ticket to Portland! We have a close family that just moved up there in August and it is basically my last chance to go without having to buy 2 plane tickets! I'm leaving in a couple weeks and it'll be just the little one and myself. We are excited! Hannah can't wait to get on the airplane! She understands that Daddy is going to have to stay here and frequently recites, "Momma, Hannah, Bob airplane. Dadda stay here." She is excited. I am thinking about getting some sort of count down chart going so she can continue in the excitement!

No comments: