Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas at Thanksgiving

I think we are finally starting to get into a groove with celebrating Christmas at Thanksgiving. This year, instead of exchanging gifts with the kiddos, Kim and I decided to do crafts with them to encourage creating a memory together instead of just exchanging obligatory gifts. I loved it and think it will continue for years to come. We are planning on always doing Christmas cookies (who could resist), and then I will think up some other artsy craft to do with them. This year wasn't the most successful, since the girls could have really cared less, but Caden gave me hope that they'll love it, even next year. This year we made Turkey Cups and put sparkling apple cider in them...Caden was not a fan of the cider, to say the least. I actually don't even remember if I gave Hannah any. We had lots of fun decorating cookies and eating icing. Hannah particularly loves saying, "snowman," usually without the "s."

My dad has quite the collection of stuffed animals, one of which being a lift size white bear, affectionately known as "Monster Bear." On more than one occasion, we were bribed into taking Monster Bear home with us. Thankfully, those bribes were unsuccessful and we are still Monster Bear-less in our home. Don't get any crazy ideas....

Hannah has also been obsessed with Christmas trees. Something about the beauty and wonder of lights and ornaments just draws her into a trance. It's pretty cute.

I think I will have to post more photos :)

 

 

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: