Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Spring is Coming!!!!

Hannah is feeding herself lunch as I type this. I can't believe she's 10 1/2 months already! One of her friends, Judah, turns a year old in 9 days. That is sobering. Hannah is only four weeks older than him. I am about to have a one year old!

We just had a visit from my mom this past weekend! It was long overdue! The weather has prevented it from being any sooner, that is for sure. Yesterday we had flash flooding in various parts of town. Paul's office parking lot was completely submerged under water. Thankfully, he moved the car to another location before our's was submerged under water! All things are back to normal, as far as I know, today.

We are eagerly awaiting spring to come and stay. I can't really complain though; it's supposed to be 60 degrees today and 65 tomorrow. Both days, sunny. Hannah thoroughly enjoys going outside, in any form. We typically go for walks, or just go sit on our driveway and she plays with rocks and leaves. She especially likes the leaves. She is learning what she can and cannot put in her mouth, and generally does pretty well obeying with that, now.

Paul and I are trying to teach her to walk, holding just one of our hands, not both. She kind of gets it. Paul has done that a few times and then pulled his hand away and she stands for a few brief moments before realizing she's not holding on to anything. Then, plop. She's on the ground.

She is confidently crawling now, even more so than when we posted last.

Her newest affections go toward Larry the Crab, a crab that Paul got me when he went to St. John with his family while we were courting. I think it may have taken the place of the paci. Yay.

That's about all for now. Here are a couple photos from the past few weeks. The last is of yesterday during the torrential rainstorm.




No comments: