Fall is in the air, well, at least in the morning air :) Fall is by far, my favorite season. Let's see...there is the smell of fall, the trees changing into gorgeous colors (and we have a great view of trees from our front window), warm clothes, hot beverages (pumpkin spice latte!), and this year, we have a cuddly baby to dress up in warm clothes too! How delightful! It's too bad we stopped getting those Land O' Lakes hot chocolate mixes because of how bad they are for us....they were quite the delicious addition to our hot winter beverage selection.
On another note, Paul took me out for my birthday dinner last night, since he will be camping at Big South Fork on Friday night in preparation for his race on Saturday. 17 miles! Craziness. I don't know how he does it. Anyway, back to the thoughts on dinner. One word: Amazing! We tried out a new little spot (for us) in Knoxville called Echo Bistro and Wine Bar. I'm not a huge wine fan, but apparently the issue is that I don't like bad wine. Our waiter, who was fabulous, allowed us to taste a couple before we decided on one to share. With our wine ordered, we began to drool over the menu. None of the appetizers really struck our fancy, so we went straight to the entrees. I had called ahead and talked to the chef/owner, who reassured me that there would not be a problem for me to order from their menu. I checked with the waiter on what there were restrictions on, and he said I could order anything I wanted! For the gluten free girl, this is the ultimate shock statement. I laughed and told Paul that I've never had so many options. I actually got to read all of the menu! Paul was sold on the delivery of the "special" speech, given by our animated and well rehearsed waiter. I admit, it sounded fairly appealing (oh, and it was). I went for the Bison Strip Steak "Denmark": Broiled to perfection then topped with sautéed shiitake mushrooms, country ham and blue cheese crumbles. Doesn't that sound amazing? Well, I think it tasted better than the menu could credit it. I hesitantly gave Paul two bites. Paul had a "trio" on his plate of swordfish with a butternut and coconut milk puree (totally going to make this puree at home); fried scallops on some relish sauce; and lamb (sorry I can't give more description, but it was his favorite). We decided the best part of his dish was the sauce with the swordfish. Haha. Oh, then to top off dinner, we went for dessert...."Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse." It was indeed chocolately. I usually don't think anything is too rich, but this was too rich for me to finish. The best part was that it came with homemade whipped cream and fresh berries. The whipped cream was so good that we asked for more so that we could attempt to finish the mousse!
Alright, enough about food. The restaurant, service, meal, and catering to GF was awesome and is up there on my new favorite in K-town. But, we have to save it for "special occasions."
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment