Tuesday, May 25, 2010

First Post!

Well, since it has officially been 6 weeks, I guess I can start to blog about my sweet little newborn. Of course I meant to start this sooner. The intention is to update about once a week and let far away family and friends in on the updates of the little one's life and development.

Currently, the cutie is sleeping. I would like to add that she fell asleep on her own, after being alert, without crying (just a bit of whimpering). She is laying flat on her back in the pack n' play, after a hard adjustment and withdrawal from her little bassinet that she grew out of around 4 1/2 weeks. Poohy. The transition was a bit difficult, but now that we have removed it, there is no going back. I can't believe how fast she grew out of it!

Hannah is currently in the midst of her 6 week growth spurt. That means she thinks she is hungry about 10 minutes after I finish feeding her.... if we get to 10 minutes. It also means she sleeps a lot :) I will be joining her as soon as I finish writing (if she doesn't wake up hungry first).

I was pleased that last night she only woke up once, even though her feedings had been every hour or so until we put her down. Yay for sleeping babies!

May 23rd marked her first official "cooing" day. I think there had been a coo or two come from her little mouth before that, but that was the day that both Paul and I heard her.

Another development.... are 6 week old babies supposed to be able to roll from their backs to their sides? We think this little one is a bit advanced for her age in some areas (like holding up her head since birth). What can we say, she is made of Steele :)

That's all I've got for now. Again, I am only planning on updating about once a week....so no need to check back daily!


Our gansta' daugther
Paul and his sweetheart
Look! I'm using the moby wrap!
Dad took this one --- precious!
6 week monkey in her cute dress!

No comments: