Tuesday, September 05, 2006

God's glory part one

I talked to Squatty tonight about blogging and realized that a cosmic shift had happened. I have not had a legitimate serious theological talk since I posted about Hudson Taylor on July 11. Squatty, on the other hand, has been full of theology of late. Go to his blog, http://www.squattywisdom.blogspot.com/ and check it out. But anyways, Squatty was like, "hey you should start a series." And I was like, "hey that sounds like a good idea." So I thought I would post a bit on God's glory. I don't really have a great and detailed plan about what I should talk about yet, but I figure that I'll get to that.

Well, in thinking about God's glory, many many things could be said. I am persuaded that God's glory is the chief and last end of God in the creation of the world. It is what every act in creation aims at, and what is eventually accomplished by every act of creation. It is also the explanation for why things happen on earth. (Why I was born, why Hurricane Katrina hit NO, why Shaun has red hair, why Jon is skinny, and why Squatty is squatty.) Everything points to and stems from God's glory. I also believe that God created this world in the manner to give Himself the most glory. No one problably remembers, but on March 8th, I posted about repentance. I postulated that repentance was the means God chose to give Himself the most glory. I also believe that God remaining hidden glorifies Him in the repentance of His saints.

But this is a late night post and it is the intro to a series. So, I am having fun not actually saying anything here. I will support one of the belief claims that I arbitrarily made here next time. I think I will begin with one or two posts showing that God's glory really is the ultimate end of the world.

No comments: