Sunday, February 05, 2006

My parents rock

Ok, some of you guys might know this, but I have parents. They have not been seen by most of you, but they do indeed exist. Anyways, they were planning to come to Knoxville this weekend because my little sister had a couple of soccer games on Saturday. However, the games were cancelled late, and they were not going to be able to make it to Knoxville. They already had both dinner and hotel reservations for Saturday night. They cancelled the hotel, but my awesome mother thought it would be a good idea if I just went ahead and used the dinner reservation. So, no big deal right, woohoo, I could have called ahead and made one. Well, there was a catch. If I used the reservation, for four people, they would pay for dinner, for all four people, even though they weren't there. Oh yeah, did I mention that this reservation was at the Bonefish Grill? Yeah, so I got to go out with three friends to a fabulous dinner at one of the nicest restaurants in Ktown, my parents’ ticket. So Jon Kelfer, Tara Ferrell, Julie Beaton and I had a flippin' sweet out last night. So, in saying all that, I just wanted to honor my parents' generosity. Because it was really tasty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on! I always know how to make my boy happy... and it usually has something to do with food... really good food. Something our house is known for. Thank goodness Daddio is such a good cook, too. Since you never come home so we can cook for you, the least we could do is spring for a nice meal out. Glad you had a fun time!!

paul steele said...

laying out the guilt I see... I'll come home eventually...