I'm a sinner. Many times I do an absolutely horrible job of living as a Christian. I can sin purpusefully and methodicly. I'm just so thankful that as I am confronted with some incredibly vivid manifestations of my own sinfulness that Christ has paid the wrath for my sins. Christ was punished for my pride. Christ was killed because of my lust. Christ was killed because of my deceit. As a child of God, I have the confidence in knowing that his sacrifice for me was complete. I cannot sin my way out. He will bring me back. His grace will continue to mold and shape my sinful heart. Golly, I am a horrible person.
"24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!" -Romans 7:24-25
This is me. This is who I am. A wretched man hoping against hope for the rescue that comes in Christ Jesus. I thank God that his grace covers my sin! How can something so abominable as I ever be accepted by him? It doesn't make sense! Thanks be to God!
No comments:
Post a Comment